Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wisdom Wednesday: Confidence

Because "Wordless Wednesday" seems so very wrong on a blog dedicated to writing and editing, I'm going to throw down some wisdom instead.
I've always had complete confidence in myself. When I was nothing, I had complete confidence. There were ten guys in my writing class at Williams College who could writer better than I. They didn't have what I have, which is guts. I was dedicated to writing, and nothing could stop me. 
~ (Pulitzer prize-winning American author and historian John Toland)
I love how Toland urges us all to have faith in our abilities. To believe in ourselves enough to succeed. There will always be someone out there who accomplishes something that we want to accomplish, and makes it look easy. But never give up on yourself.

So often, our ability to succeed or fail comes from within. If we believe we are capable, confident enough to succeed, that's half the battle. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Believe in yourself. Be confident. Never stop working for your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment